How to Establish a Foreign Representative Office

​The required documents are mentioned on the Chairman of BKPM’s Regulation No. 6 of 2018 concerning the Guidelines on Investment Licensing and Facilities – which are as the followings:

  1. Article of Association and/or Certificate of incorporation of your company which legalized by the authorized institution in the designated country of origin (for US Company and to get documents legalized please follow the link);

  2. Letter of Statement (LoS) from Head of KPPA in Indonesia which stated that Head of KPPA will live and only work as Head of KPPA in Indonesia without doing any other business activities in Indonesia, legalized by the Indonesian Embassy;

  3. Letter of Appointment (LoA) and Letter of Intent (LoI) legalized by the Indonesian Embassy (for US Company and to get documents legalized by The Indonesian Embassy please follow the link);

  4. Letter of Reference (LoR) from the Indonesian Embassy/Trade Attache or IIPC London (please use the Request LoR form below);

  5. The ID of Head of the KPPA in Indonesia (Copy of Passport);

  6. Photos of Head of the KPPA in size 4×6 cm, 2 copies (colored);

  7. Power of Attorney, if needed.


Request the Letter of Reference from IIPC New York, please provide the following documents:

  1. Official letter of request addressed to Director of IIPC New York:
    Indonesia Investment Promotion Centre (IIPC) New York
    370 Lexington Avenue Suite 1903
    New York, NY 10017
    T: +1(646) 885-6600

  2. Certificate of Incorporation issued by the relevant Government agency at the country of origin. For US company issued by Companies House;

  3. Article of Association legalized by the Notary Public or FCO;

  4. Company representative office license from BKPM (if it is for renewal).